Customer service is an integral part to succeed as an Air Hostess and requires a specific set of skills to carry out a variety of tasks under severe pressure. The idea is not only about knowing how to become an Air Hostess but to grasp the skills needed to fit into the job requirements.
Here is a list of skills, qualifications, and capabilities required to become an Air Hostess.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized to work in a team.
- Empathetic behavior toward the elderly, children, and sick passengers.
- Calm and composed demeanor during stressful situations and emergencies like air turbulence, mechanical problems etc to ensure that passengers are following safety procedures.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
- Good physical conditions to handle erratic schedules like longer shifts, hefty tasks, etc.
- Quick thinking and good memory for working in a fast-paced and tight-spaced environment.